CHS Volunteer Program
Volunteer efforts play a vital role in what we are able to accomplish at CHS. As we dedicate ourselves to the new and exciting challenges of tremendously expanded CHS programs, many more volunteers will be required. We cordially extend an invitation to join us as we work together on behalf of those so dependent on us for their well-being.
- THE FIRST STEP to becoming a volunteer at Cherryland Humane Society is attending one of our Volunteer Orientations. These are held at the shelter on the second Saturday of every month at 9:00 a.m. and there is a $15 registration fee. You can register for one of our upcoming orientations below.
- IF YOU ARE A MINOR, you will need an adult or parent with you at all times while volunteering and the adult must also attend a Volunteer Orientation. You must be 10 years old to volunteer.
- THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT of how many hours must be completed on a weekly or monthly basis.
- CHS DOES REQUIRE the completion of four cleaning shifts before beginning any other assignments. Our cleaning shifts are from 8 – 11:00 am or 3 – 5:00 pm and you can sign up for your shifts after completing the orientation.
- QUESTIONS? Please Email our Volunteer Coordinator, Deane Widgren, at firstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to having you help enrich the lives of the animals at Cherryland Humane Society!
Areas of Volunteer Service
- Animal Care: Dog walking, enrichment, socialization, hygiene, behavior modification, public assistance
- Education: Committee work, planning, projects
- Cleaning: 75% of the work we do is cleaning. CHS staff and volunteers clean for three hours every morning so we are always in need of help with those assignments.
- Clerical: Data entry, materials compilation, mailings, publication mailings, record keeping, research
- Public Relations: Hosting, tours, events, meetings
- Promotional: Events, contacts
- Fostering: Help the animals that have a difficult time adjusting to life in a shelter
- Fund Raising: Committee work, planning, events
- Donor Dog Donation Bank Program: Maintain collections, solicit new businesses
- Miscellaneous: General maintenance, grounds and animal housing maintenance and various areas requiring expertise.
Volunteer Sign-in - VicTouch
VICTOUCH – Sign in and out of an assignment at the shelter or on your smart phone with this link:
Volunteer Profile Portal - VicNet
VICNET – Update your profile information, manage your schedule and more at this link:
Volunteer Orientation Registration
Please complete this online registration form before you attend orientation. Orientations are held the second Saturday of every month from 9 – 11:00 am.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD YOUR PARENT IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION AND ATTEND THE ORIENTATION WITH YOU
Orientations are limited to 20 attendees. If the month you would like to attend is not listed, it is full.
VOLUNTEER’S GOOGLE SHARE DRIVE:
(Link for Volunteers to share their pictures of animals at Cherryland Humane Society for social media, etc.)