LET’S GET STARTED
Our adoption process is carefully curated to help us find you the best match for you and your needs. To start, visit us in our physical location to meet the animals. Next, you can fill out an application while visiting, or download the application in the link below. Staff will be in contact with you, to discuss next steps for the adoption process.
HOW IT WORKS
View Our Adoptable Animals
Read up on all the info we provide for each animal and prepare to fall in love
Submit An Application
Fill out the Adoption Application for a dog, cat, or the foster program.
Our Adoption Counselor will be in touch with next steps to setup a time to visit our shelter
TO HELP YOUR ADOPTION JOURNEY
– You must be 21 to adopt. We accept multiple applications on each animal, it is not on a first come basis. CHS does not guarantee approval upon submission.
– Applications may be denied for any reason.
– We require all members of the household to meet the pet and multiple visits may be requested.
– All current animals in the household must be spayed/neutered and up to date on necessary vaccinations. Pets must live in the same household as the adopter.
– We do not adopt out dogs as solely outdoor pets.
– No animals will be adopted to a residence where pets are not allowed. No animal will be adopted to a group of four (4) or more unrelated adults living in the same household (e.g. student housing).
– CHS staff will not begin adoption procedures with a person who is reasonably believed to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
– No animal will be adopted to an individual who has failed to comply with the conditions of a previous adoption, including but not limited to the spaying or neutering of the pet.
– You must show a valid drivers license or state ID card.
– A vet deposit or training deposit may be required prior to adoption.
Dog Adoption Fee: $200
AMAZON WISH LIST
It takes a village. Without your generous help, we wouldn’t be able to do it.
On an average day at Cherryland Humane Society, we provide care for many dogs and cats at a cost of nearly $1,200. Your dollars pay for food, medical attention, vaccinations — all the things needed to care for these animals until we can unite them with their fur-ever families.
CHEWY AFFILIATE PROGRAM
CHS is happy to be part of Chewy’s affiliate program! When you become a Chewy customer, CHS will receive a $15 commission to help the pets here! New customers also receive 30% off their first Autoship order. And, did you know you can even order your prescription food through them?
Our Chewy affiliate links do contain cookies. We do not receive donor information from Chewy. Please let us know if you donate through Chewy so we can thank you!
Huge thanks to these sponsors for their continued support!