•CURRENT JOB OPENINGS AT CHERRYLAND HUMANE SOCIETY•
Do you love animals? Are you happier when you are caring for them? Consider joining us in our mission to provide pets in our keeping with the best possible care and attention to their well-being while they await their forever home!
Kennel Technician Job Description
Reports to Kennel Supervisor
Part time, Non-exempt
Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean and disinfect kennels, outside grounds and other areas of the shelter
- Feed, water, bathe, and maintain cleanliness all animals
- Interact with the animals providing positive human contact
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment at Cherryland Humane Society
- Observe animals for behavioral or health related problems and report them to a supervisor
- Assist public with incoming animals
- Administer vaccinations and medications to animals -once trained
- Provide the public with accurate information or assist them to the proper person for the information
- Check in, sort, and store donations in the appropriate areas
- Help public unload donations from their vehicles
- General maintenance duties, change light bulbs, fix faucets, upkeep of dog kennels etc.
- Wash and store carriers and kennels
- High School Diploma
- Have dependability and a strong work ethic
- Experience with handling animals
- Commitment to the Humane Society’s mission and values
- Knowledge of animal welfare issues is a plus
- Leadership skills
Work schedule may require some evenings, weekends and holidays. The physical demands of the position include sitting, standing, walking, occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 50lbs, stooping, reaching, kneeling, and animal handling. This position is classified as “non-exempt’.
This job description outlines the general duties of this position and is not intended to imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to email@example.com or come in to the shelter to fill out an application.
Shelter Hours: Tues: 11a-5p, Wed: 11a-6p, Thur & Fri: 11a-5p, Sat: 11a-4p **Closed Sun & Mon and Major Holidays