Adoption FeesOur adoption fee is $75 for cats and $150 for dogs.
CHS Adoption Policy
We extend you a very cordial welcome and thank you for your willingness to provide a home for one of the homeless pets received by our CHS shelter! Please take a moment to review our Adoption Policy prior to applying to adopt a pet.
– Cats will not be adopted if the owner intends on allowing the cat outside.
– We do not adopt out dogs as solely outdoor pets.
– No animal will be adopted to a residence where pets are not allowed.
– Prospective adopters must be at least 21 years of age.
– No animal will be adopted to a group of four (4) or more unrelated adults living in the same household (e.g. student housing).
– CHS counselors will not begin adoption procedures with a person who is reasonably believed to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
– No animal will be adopted to an individual who has failed to comply with the conditions of a previous adoption, including but not limited to the spaying or neutering of the pet.
– An adopter may adopt a maximum of two (2) pets at a time. It is not recommended that two (2) puppies be adopted at the same time.
– Veterinarian records may be checked before adoption is complete. This includes being current on standard immunizations, spayed and neutered. The adopter must contact their veterinarian for the release of medical records.
– Applications may be denied for any reason. We reserve the right to deny adoptions to people who have surrendered their animals in the past.
– You must show valid driver’s license or state ID card.
– A vet deposit or training deposit may be required prior to adoption.
– Multiple applications can be submitted for the same animal and that the Cherryland Humane Society does not guarantee approval upon submission.